Join Us At Goby!
Sustainability Manager - Chicago, IL
Goby is seeking an entrepreneurial-minded and seasoned sustainability professional with experience in commercial real estate.
Responsibilities of the Sustainability Manager include:
- Building successful client relationships
- Business development
- Ongoing support and expert resources for LEED certifications as well as other sustainability initiatives
- Leading successful discussions regarding budgeting, planning and ongoing tracking for LEED re-certifications and other projects as assigned
- Understanding of sustainability in best practices for commercial real estate
- Utilization of software platform to manage and track building performance
- Customer presentations and training courses
A strong candidate for the position will possess and/or be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
- Project Management, including creating/managing short-term strategic plans
- LEED Accredited Professional (AP) or Green Associate willing to achieve AP
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude and independent and adaptable worker
- Ability to articulate abstract concepts to specific results
- Creative thinker and problem-solver with a positive attitude
- Skilled with standard Microsoft software applications
- Willingness to travel
Goby is a fast-moving company, and as such the responsibilities outlined above may change and evolve over time. Flexibility, curiosity, an entrepreneurial mindset, and strong work ethic are essential for this role. It is encouraged that everyone on the team continually research new technologies and analytical opportunities to improve the platform.