Key considerations when performing an ESG materiality assessment
ESG is becoming a significant feature of risk management programs, and it’s increasingly important for asset managers to assess their ESG capabilities through a lens of materiality. But what’s the best approach? What are the questions you should be asking within your organization, either to put in place a robust ESG policy for ongoing reporting and portfolio monitoring purposes, or to assess their existing policy?
Within the private equity industry, middle-market managers will be at various stages of evolution in respect to ESG materiality. View our recording of our discussion of some of the practical considerations that managers should be thinking about today, regardless of how far along the ESG path they may be.
Topics covered in the webinar include:
- How to get one’s ESG program up and running – turning philosophy into practicality
- How to conduct a materiality exercise and why this can help form the bedrock of one’s ESG policy/program
- Collecting ESG data from operating companies: what type of ESG data does your organization need?
- Importance of anchoring one’s ESG policy around the most relevant data (i.e., data that can be truly acted on)
- Using an ESG Index to benchmark how well operating companies are doing, based on different KPIs
- What are the ways one might define success in regards to ESG materiality?
- Practical insights on how to take your ESG program to the next stage of evolution – importance of taking incremental steps to improve materiality
- And more